Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to own a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain hosts, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incongruous interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the load between separate stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some companies offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a vast amount of pics with pals or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mail addresses. Some companies provide web page hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many video files as you desire without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to possess a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Mardec Webhost, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content solely.